26 Awesome Travel Memories Every Traveller Should Have

Thursday 13 October 2016
I happened to stumble upon Thirty30Courtney’s ABC’s of Travel Memories the other day. She read the post from Sea Salt Secrets and I’m very happy she did. I absolutely feel in love with the post as soon as I started reading it. I just had to participate and share my own travel memories. 


Here Goes:

A: Age You Went on Your First International Trip: As my entire family resides in Detroit, I’ve travelled to Canada frequently. But I’m not going to count this nor will I count trips to Mexico. I was 24 when I went on my first international trip where I received a stamp on my passport. 

B: Best Foreign Beer You’ve Had & Where: Honestly, some of the best beer I’ve had was from some of the microbreweries in San Diego. I had some good beers while I was in London but I can’t remember the names.

C: Cuisine [Favourite]: Mexican and Thai. 

D: Destination
 [Favourite]: This is tough. I fell in love with Borneo, Chiang Mai, Cambodia, and obviously Australia as I fully intend to stay here. 
[Least]: I hate to say this, but I wasn’t overly crazy about Vietnam. I’ll go back eventually but not anytime soon.

E: Experiences That Made You Say WOW: Angkor Temples and the Colosseum.

F: Favourite Mode of Transport: Flying (budget permitting) as it gives me more time to explore.

G: Greatest Feeling While Traveling: Learning. I love to learn about new cultures, how things were made, differences between modern society and ancient societies, etc. It’s so amazing to expand my horizons.

H: Hottest Place You’ve Ever Travelled: It was super hot in Vietnam. Most places didn’t have air cons and if they did, it didn’t really help.

I: Incredible Service You’ve Experience: On Mataking Island. There was only one place to eat on the island but they were super accommodating with my food allergies. They always asked if I enough food choices and if I wanted them to make anything else. 

J: Journey That Took the Longest: Probably my flights between Melbourne and California. 15ish hours on a plane is a long time. 

K: Keepsake From Your Travels: I used to get a little statue from everywhere I travelled. I soon found the stuff tended to lose its meaning over time. Now, I choose my favourite photograph I take while overseas and have it printed on canvas so that I can hang it up around the house. 

L: Let-Down Sight, Where & Why: Ho Chi Minh City. I had heard so many wonderful things but the trip started out on a negative note so it made it pretty hard to recover after.

M: Moment You Fell In Love With Travel: I’ve always loved travelling. I travelled a lot around the US but originally thought I needed to see more of the US before I really travelled internationally. My mum took me on a trip to London, Paris, and Rome and this was when I absolutely fell in love with travelling the world. 

N: Nicest Hotel You’ve Stayed In: Either the Shangri-La in Borneo or the Intercontinental in San Francisco. 

O: Obsession- What Do You Take Photo’s of While Travelling: I’m pretty obsessed with nature. I LOVE photographing waterfalls. 

P: Passport Stamps- How Many & Where?: I haven’t gotten a stamp from every country I’ve visited (which makes me really sad. I want a stamp even if I don’t need a visa). I think I have 12: England, France, Australia, Indonesia (x2), Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand (x3), Vietnam. 

Q: Quirkiest Attraction You’ve Visited: Some of the Giant Objects Australia has (Like the Giant Koala and Giant Pineapple).

R: Really Frightening- A Place That Made You Feel Uneasy: Seems to be a reoccurring theme, but Vietnam. I wasn’t frightened, I just always felt like I was on guard. 

S: Splurge- Something You Have No Problem Spending on While Traveling: Food or wine. 

T: Touristy Thing You’ve Done: Seeing baby tigers in Thailand. 

U: Unforgettable Travel Memory: Getting kissed by a baby elephant while visiting an elephant rescue centre in Thailand.

V: Visa- How Many and for Where?: Australia and Vietnam were prior to travel. The rest were visa on arrival.

W: Wine- Best Taste of Wine While Travelling and Where?: OMG, the wine I had in Italy. Molto Buono! 

X: eXcellent Views: Pretty much anywhere that has overlooked the ocean. Mataking Island is definitely top 5. 

Y: Years Spent Travelling: Internationally...4 years. 

Z: Zealous Sports Fan: Massive Red Wings fan. I rock my hat, top or jersey whilst travelling. 


Everyone has some amazing travel memories. Pick a few letters from the list and share yours in the comments below! 


And until next time...
Stay Curious!

Never miss an adventure by following along on social media:

25 comments

  1. this post is so fun! I love traveling (although it's different now with kids). Hotels are my favorite and I document everything! And wow, you've had 4 years to travel internationally?? that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I guess it has been 4 years now! It's so great to document your trips. Makes it super easy to remember all the awesome memories!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun post idea! I would love to see baby tigers even if it is a touristy thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little heart breaking after volunteering at the elephant sanctuary but it was still such a cool experience.

      Delete
  3. I love this! It makes me want to reminisce about all my past travels and plan another trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely plan another trip! Travelling is awesome!

      Delete
  4. I just saw this on her page the other day and thought it was a great idea! Can't wait to do it myself!! It looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to see baby tigers! I know it is super touristy, but come on?! So much cuteness!!

    I currently have a Travel Tuesday Linkup going on and this post would be a perfect addition! Feel free to join in on the fun :) http://www.lifessweetwords.com/2016/10/traveltuesday-9-my-cruise-must-haves.html

    Happiest of Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will have to join in! Thanks so much for letting me know!

      Delete
  5. What a fun post! Gotta write one myself eventually :)
    Can totally relate to the value decrease of typical souvenirs like magnets or similar. Really like your photo on canvas idea! I like to write about the most special memories and love rereading it later, or get random everyday things like spices, books or clothes that remind me of the place each time I use it :) Looks like you had quite a blast on your travels already, keep up the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tag me or send me the link when you do write it. I would love to read it!

      Delete
  6. Such a fun post to read. almost makes me want to do one of my own and maybe I will :) Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should write one. Be sure to tag me or send me a link so I can read it!

      Delete
  7. I love this! I might have to also do one. Can I +1 the breweries in San Diego?? I was so pleasantly surprised when I visited my cousin there. The food and beer is so amazing. I'm craving a fish taco just thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG there are so many amazing breweries and taco joints in San Diego. The Coronado Brewery tasting room was right down the street from mine when I was going to Uni there. I miss it heaps.

      Delete
  8. Great idea for a post.Loved learning more about you. Will be borrowing this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely send me the link when you do. I would love to read it!

      Delete
  9. Picking a favourite destination is so hard! I don't think I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to pick just one favourite. That's why I listed a few!

      Delete
  10. This post is pretty cool! I'm going to have to do this myself! I'm such a geek when it comes to a stamp on my passport too hehe, I want one from everywhere! Sharleen ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to send me the link or tag me if you decide to do this post. I would love to read what you write!

      Delete
  11. Love this post! So sad you didn't have such a nice time in Vietnam! We were there for three weeks and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried so hard to like Vietnam but in comparison to the other two countries I went to, it just wasn't my favourite. I'll make it back there eventually.

      Delete
  12. This was such a fun read! I just went through all the memories and things I've done during my travels!! Absolutely loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Innovative concept for a travel post. Travel leaves you with so many priceless memories that you can cherish and relive again and again. The WOW moments is something I love, always recollect moments like when I stood before the Taj Mahal or on top of the Eiffel tower, etc..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, this A-Z travel memories is awesome! It's my first time to hear this but sure it is interesting and definitely good memories will flashback. I may be starting mine as soon as I get my first international trip. For now, I will just be settling for the local travels. :D

    ReplyDelete