Where A Career Can Really Take You

Wednesday 2 January 2019
How do you feel about your job? Maybe you’re happy in the day to day, but you know you want more later on down the line? Maybe you’re unhappy with the day to day, and you’re looking for any reason to hop out and join in on something new? Maybe you’re not too fussed in the moment, you’re just here to make yourself some money? Whatever it is that motivates you when it comes to your working ambitions, maybe it’s time to give them a rethink?



If you’re someone who’s looking to turn 2019 into the year of you and your successful career, then now’s the time for you to think about where your job can really take you. There are all kinds of opportunities out there - which ones will you grab by the horns? Let’s examine these aspirations below.



Could You Travel?


Travelling is something people don’t tend to think about as a serious career move, not when you’ve got a cushy office to work in 9 to 5, and an internet signal to make sure you can reach all your contacts whenever you need them! But when it comes to moving for work, there are a lot new and interesting (and potentially exotic) places you can go.


And you should take a chance like this with some enthusiasm and vigour. After all, not everyone gets to take an all expenses paid flight out to the other side of the world, meet all kind of high powered executives to network amongst and eventually impress, and then get to keep all this experience and all those contacts for more success down the line!

Now’s the perfect time to map out where you’re headed next! (Image)

What Kind of People Can You Network With?


Speaking of networking, one of the best ways to make sure your career is taking you somewhere is to build yourself a reliable web of contacts, and constantly play on the strings leading out to each one to make sure you’ve got some strong relationships with them. You need their help, they could need your help, and doing favours every now and then only increases the exposure of your name in the right circles.


So make sure you’re building yourself a strong social networking presence, using sites such as LinkedIn, and even a blog of your own, and always be available for working relationships that spring up as a result.


What Career Branches Could You Consider?


You like the job you’re currently working in, but you know it could be better, and you’re starting to see a dead end on the horizon. You don’t want to leave, but you know you need to make a change - see what careers branch off of the one you’re dedicating yourself to. There are all kinds of offshoots and new departments opening up every day in the working world, and one of them might just be the path that’ll take you where you want to go.


Your career can take you all over the world!

And until next time...
Stay curious!

19 comments

  1. One thing I love about my job is the networking. You can meet everyone within the community as I am apart of a large organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! I always love networking with new people. It helps you learn so much!

      Delete
  2. Love this post ❤️ I’m currently a stay at home mom but definitely looking for the things listed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that is absolutely perfect for you!

      Delete
  3. I am a stay at home mom right now but actually am applying to my career job this week! These are great things to consider when looking for your career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this, I have been a stay at home mum for a while and blogging too which I recently started earning some money which was great not much but I aim to improve it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, any little bit helps! That's my motto and thought process. I'm sure you'll do heaps this year!

      Delete
  5. This is something I struggle with regularly and the tips were definitely helpful. You often hear that nobody loves their job and I think that’s not true at all. There have to be people that do and I want to be one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would definitely say it's not true. I adore my job(s). I often think that the people who say that are the ones who are too afraid to leave the comfort of their job and find something they enjoy.

      Delete
  6. Networking is so important. I also think finding something you are passionate about and enjoying the people you work with helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to one day work outside the home when the kids are older. It would be important to consider who I want to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a career that allowed me to travel now that my kids are grown and married. I think it would be a great way to see the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely would be! I hope you're able to make it happen.

      Delete
  9. I so agree with your networking point. That's a big goal of mine for 2019 is to go to more networking events for my actual job and for my blogging adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. when the army moved us from Washington state to teneesee, we took the travel opportunity to drive to new York first (to visit family) and hit up all the national monuments that we wanted along the way. mount rushmore, devils thumb, etc. they were out of the way but made for great memories. traveling for work can be fun, exhausting and a once in a lifetime opportunity worth taking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so tempting and right. I have always loved traveling but never thought of it as a career. Great post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to travel! I never thought about using a career to help me travel. This is something I am going to have to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Networking is really important in our life. It will help us to learn and we can find people who have our same passion which is good for future. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very informative and useful article. I do have a blog just started blogging taking insipiration from bloggers like you :) Bookmarked your blog, will be on waiting for your next new post update. Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete