Fun Street Foods to Make This Week

Sunday 27 January 2019
Looking for something different to serve to your family and friends at a party this weekend? Well, look no further. Today we are going to look at some popular street food ideas which will be ideal for serving at a get-together or a party this month.




Nachos
Nachos are a classic party food, and they are friendly for these kind of gatherings because you can make lots of mini portions and have people hold them in a bowl or on a plate. Nachos are super easy to make and can be customised however you want for your own taste. Generally, though, this is what we put on nachos:


  • Tortilla chips
  • Cheese or cheese sauce
  • Guacamole
  • Salsa
  • Sour cream
  • Meat ( beef or chicken)
  • Chillies
  • Coriander


You can play around with these ingredients and make up your own ideal combination this week.


Avocado On Toast
Avocado on toast for some reason seems to be the meal most associated with millennials. While it’s true that this has risen in popularity a lot recently, it has always been a great choice for a snack at a party. This is because you can add whatever you want to avocado on toast for your own personal taste. You could add some feta, tomatoes, chickpeas, radishes, chicken, bacon and much more. It can be whatever you make it which is ideal for get-togethers.


Yorkshire Pudding Burrito
If you don’t know what a Yorkshire pudding burrito is, you’ve never seen street food. When it comes to innovative ideas on the street, there can be nothing which compares to this. It consists of a roast dinner wrapped up in a giant Yorkshire pudding, served with gravy to dip. It’s heaven for many of us, and it can be a super fun talking point and a great recipe to try out on your friends and family.



Jerk Chicken
Who doesn’t love jerk chicken? This Jamaican spiced chicken is hugely popular as street food and it is usually served with some coconut rice to offset all of the spice. If you love chicken and a combination of flavours, this is the ideal dish to make for a party or even for a summer barbecue.


Tacos
Tacos have to be one of the best meals to make for a crowd because you can simply lay out a lot of different ingredients and let people make their own choices. Tacos can be a great street food option, and you can make them as complex or simple as you want. Go for the traditional asada, cilantro, and onions or try some of these other fun toppings:


  • Mince beef
  • Refried beans
  • Chicken
  • Guacamole
  • Salsa
  • Sour cream
  • Steak
  • Onions
  • Peppers
  • Lettuce

As you prepare these tacos for your guests, you can make everything apart from the meats the night before and leave them in the fridge. Try to heat up the meat an hour or so before you serve, and this will allow them to be warm when people come and try your food. It can be a no-fuss meal for everyone to enjoy.

And until next time...
Stay curious!

18 comments


  1. Everything made me crazy, but the ice creams are really the most exquisite and artistic thing I've seen! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, everything on the list made me starving! I've never heard about Yorkshire pudding burrito before. I would definitely have to try that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are great options. That pudding burrito looks crazy intense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This list is making salivate here and I am on a diet. Just not fair maybe during the weekend I will treat myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I feel your pain! Although I frequently include tacos into my weekly meal plans. You can make super healthy versions especially if you go with a more traditional taco.

      Delete
  5. These all look amazing! Of course nachos are always a must but the Yorkshire Pudding Burrito is a new one to me. Its sounds so delicious, Ill be keeping my eye out for this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super yummy! I have to alter the recipe slightly but that's the beauty of making it at home. I can make it tailored to my food allergies!

      Delete
  6. I have never heard of Yorkshire pudding burrito but it sounds quite interesting. If there is a vegetarian version I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pudding burrito sounds worth trying right now! I love a good dessert. That, and anything that says burrito in it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire pudding isn't a dessert but it is definitely something you should try once in your life! Then try it in burrito form!!

      Delete
  8. Me and my son likes eating Nachos or Tacos at home while watching movies at home. I like the list that you compile here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tacos really are great to make for a crowd. They're easy and everyone loves them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tacos are my go-to meal when I have no idea what to cook. You really can't go wrong.

      Delete
  10. All of these look like they would be so good. I really need to expand my menu - so there are lots of great ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some delicious street foods. I noted this list of foods for more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an amazing list and I am drooling here thinking about all of them. I need to do tortillas this weekend now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just had the Super Bowl yesterday in the US and your street food ideas are just perfect for a gathring like that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you tried some for Super Bowl Sunday. If you did, let me know what everyone thought!

      Delete