3 Ways to Make A Camping Trip More Bearable

Saturday 12 January 2019
Travel should be about relaxing and leaving all of the stresses of home behind, so why would anybody ever want to go camping? It all seems like a bit too much work. Why would you want to spend ages putting a tent up in the rain? You want to arrive at a luxurious hotel and put your feet up. When you go camping you’ve got the weather to consider. If it’s raining, you’re stuck in that little tent, miserable until it passes. But it’s not all doom and gloom, there are some great benefits to camping.



First off, it’s cheaper so if you’re travelling on a budget it’s ideal. It’s also good if you’re going on a road trip because you can get everything in the car easily. It gives you the chance to get closer to nature as well, but you’ve still got to find a way to make a bit more comfortable. Luckily, there is plenty of good camping gear out there that can make it a lot easier for you. Here’s how you can have a luxurious camping trip.


Flickr

Get A Caravan
If you hate the idea of a tent, but you still want the freedom and price benefits of camping, you could get a caravan instead. You’ll still be able to drive wherever you like and stay out in nature, but you don’t have to deal with the hassle of putting a tent up or worrying about the rain dripping through. If you don’t know much about buying a caravan, you need to do a bit of research first to make sure you’re getting a decent one. Check out this list of questions to ask when buying a caravan to make sure that you’ve got all bases covered. Caravans can be fairly expensive, but if you plan on using it enough, it’ll pay for itself in the savings that you’ll make on hotels etc.


Glamping Sites
If you can just about get on board with the idea of sleeping in a tent, but you’re not too keen on the idea of putting it up, glamping sites are ideal. There are loads of them popping up all over the place right now. You’ll arrive to find a nice big luxury tent already put up for you, and there are good quality facilities on site. It’s a great way to get all of the benefits of camping without any of the drawbacks, but it is going to be more expensive.


Get The Right Gear
If you buy a cheap tent, it’s going to be small and cramped, and it’ll probably leak. But if you spend a bit more money on a better tent, you can get one that has standing room and isn’t going to leak. You can also get some great folding camp beds, so you don’t have to sleep on the floor and a solar-powered shower pack. If you get all of the right gear, camping doesn’t have to be as miserable as you think.


All of those horrible things that you picture when you think about camping can be avoided if you know how to do it right, so don’t give up on the idea straight away.

And until next time...
Stay curious!

20 comments

  1. Oh my! I love camping the "normal" way, lol! We now put everything on the kayaks and primitive camp on one of the nearby islands. So, so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to absolutely hate camping! These tips helped get back into it. Now I'm just like you and love camping the 'primitive' way! It's so relaxing!

      Delete

  2. I admit that the camping is not in my ropes as a type of holiday, but I admit that you have made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a caravan sounds so awesome! I'd love to drive out as I wish and even stay out night with nature. That will have to be on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps you get used to being out in nature with all the benefits of being at home.

      Delete
  4. I've heard about glamping sites. They look pretty comfortable. I go back and forth between wanting to be super comfortable while I'm camping to thinking that it may actually defeat the purpose of camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about the glamping these days. It's getting harder and harder for me to get up off of the ground, lolol. Old age? I guess a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, glamper right here! As a kid we used to camp all the time! So much fun! I can’t wait to hit up the campsites when my own kids are a bit older

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly cannot wait to have kids of my own so that I can take them camping. I have so many fond memories on family camping trips.

      Delete
  7. I have only been camping one time for real and I really am not the one to go out and rough it. These are some really great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a camping person but I will love t try the Glamping way wohooo! Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely the way to go if camping isn't your thing.

      Delete
  9. This is my first time to hear about glamping, and it sounds amazing... can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all really great ideas. I think I'd like to try my hand at glamping one day :)

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all for the original camping but some of the perks are nice like the bathroom. I actually prefer the hammock to tent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm more of a glamper than a camper.. LOL! We're planning to go glamping next month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having the right equipment is so very important. I have tried doing it without the right equipment and it just fails.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Though I do not love camping much but my friends are always up for it. They would love to read this post and get some useful tips out of it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would really love to go camping, but the idea of inconvenience stops me. Like inconvenience with toiling, cooking, bathing, etc. But, glamping sounds like a good idea actually. Closest to camping tent experience. I would still love to try it though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, know all about glamping - we went on a holiday up the coast, "camping" is what MrsFrugalSamurai said - but it was really just "glamping", we didn't have to do anything when we got there!

    ReplyDelete