5 Budget Friendly Hotels in Melbourne

Saturday 15 September 2018
You've probably heard Australia is expensive as to visit. But does a holiday to Australia really need to break the bank? If you're not fortunate enough to have friends in Australia, not brave enough to try Couchsurfing or are just not that keen on hostels there are options for cheaper accommodation. I've found some of the best hotels within the CBD for under $100/night! 



Arrow on Swanston
Approximately $74/night, this hotel puts you in walking distance of the Queen Victoria Markets, State Library, and free public transportation. Arrow on Swanston is super accessible from the airport so you won't be wandering around the city aimlessly. With easy access to restaurants, bars, and cafes, you'll definitely enjoy your stay!

There are also plenty of amenities such as a swimming pool, gym, laundry facilities, and a kitchenette. Wanting to be a bit more active? The Arrow is situated close to an indoor rock climbing facility, gorgeous gardens, and walking trails. 



City Centre Budget Hotel
City Centre Budget Hotel will situate you right next to Parliment Station. It may not be the most modern of hotels, but you cannot beat the location nor the price of approximately $65/night. With it's incredibly close proximity to trains and trams, you'll easily be able to navigate the CBD. The staff is incredibly friendly and super helpful. If you're unsure where to start on your tour of Melbourne, just ask the staff! 

City Centre Budget Hotel has a beautiful rooftop area. It is the perfect place to unwind after a long day of exploring. Or grab a drink and watching the sunset. 



Great Southern Hotel
Situated right next to Southern Cross Station, this hotel allows for easy travel to and from the Melbourne Airport. For just $62/night, this is the perfect place to call home during your Melbourne adventures. With easy access to all the incredible spots in the CBD, you'll be happy you chose to stay here. 




Bayview on the Park
While this hotel may not be in the CBD, it does overlook Albert park. This gorgeous park is where the Grand Prix is raced, along with a massive lake and many walking trails. The pristine views will leave you relaxed and ready to tackle the hustle and bustle of the CBD. 

Bayview on the Park is situated close to a tram stop so getting into the city will be no trouble at all. At around $75/night it may be a little pricier than some other places on the list, but the view is totally worth it! 



Hotel Claremont
Ok so this hotel isn't exactly in the CBD, but if you're a younger traveller on a budget or someone who likes to have a good time Hotel Claremont is for you. Situated a skip, hop and a jump away from Chapel Street and the train station, there is no shortage of a good time. At about $68/night and a buffet breakfast, you'll be ready for your day. 



With these budget-friendly hotel options, you'll be able to spend more money on sightseeing, shopping, and the incredible food all within Melbourne. If you're still looking to travel Melbourne on a budget, why not check out one of the many free activities in Melbourne has to offer or other ways to tour Melbourne on the cheap. 

If you were visiting Melbourne which one of these hotels would you choose to stay? If you've travelled to Melbourne before, where did you stay? Did you enjoy it?

And until next time...
Stay curious! 

24 comments

  1. Oo all of these hotels look and sound lovely. I'm all about budget friendly too. I'll keep these in mind if we ever get to Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one that includes breakfast. A breakfast helps one save so much money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only knew about city centre budget hotel. I had no idea about others. However it is great to explore new options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to plan a vacation over that way, so seeing affordable hotel options is amazing! They all look so nice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was planning our trip to AUS/ NZ it wasn't the hotels that were breaking the bank it was the airfare. And that was from South Korea. I can't imagine what tickets cost from Kansas where we are now. I want to visit one day though, and nope-- couch surfing aint my thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy hotels that include breakfast it really helps stay in budget. Also like the ones with mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you stayed at these hotels? How's the customer service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have and the customer service was great at all of them! There are some other cheaper hotels I've visited but the customer service wasn't great so I didn't include them in this list :)

      Delete
  8. these hotels sound fantastic the way you described. im not sure of the currency converter but they'd easily go for triple those prices a night over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Australia is on my bucket list! I'm bummed it's so far away from Canada, but I will make it happen one day. Under $100/night for a hotel is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. I hope to visit one day. It's always been a dream of mine to visit Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Australia is on our bucket list, we are just trying to make sure we can be away for 30 days minimum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea depending on what you want to do/see, you could easily spend 30 days exploring. Heck I've been here 4 years and still have so much to explore! If you need any tips for your trip, you know who to ask :) I'll happily answer any questions you might have.

      Delete
  12. What beautiful locations. I've been dreaming of an Australian vacation for a long time and money is the only thing that stands in my way. I'm saving this to help me once I can go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These hotel rooms look nicer than the ones that we have stayed at for the same amount or more. Maybe we're vacationing in the wrong area.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to Australia but I'd love to go one day. All of these hotels look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always thought Australia was too expensive to visit, but less than $100 a night is cheaper than many hotels in the US. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is nice to know that there's budget hotel in Melbourne, considering it is one of the most expensive city! Which one is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never ever visited Australia. One of friend living in Australia and he is regularly asking me to come. If I ever visit Australia then will stay at his place. But If I am coming with my family then surely will keep all these budget friendly hotels in my mind. I already bookmarked this post. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. With Australia costing so much, it is great to here that you have found us some affordable hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Traveling should always be about staying somewhere nice without breaking the budget. Thanks for sharing these Melbourne options.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG budget friendly is always a good call!!! I've always wanted to travel to Melbourne!!! Thank you for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love budget hotels. They are a relief when you are travelling with a family. I will surely keep these in mind when visiting Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These hotels all look great for visiting with the family. It's so important to be able to save money when traveling with the kids.

    ReplyDelete