Where Did Adventures in Aussieland Go? And Why It Won't Happen Again

Friday 24 January 2020
2019 was not the year for consistency here at Adventures in Aussieland. Let's be honest, if you've been a reader since the inception of this blog, consistency has never really been my thing. I know, I know. In the blogging world, that's just not how it's done. Consistency and predictability for my readers are essential. 



Unfortunately, as this blog is not my full-time job, consistency is not always feasible. It takes a ton of time writing posts, editing them, editing photos and connecting with other bloggers. Over the last year, I was studying full-time, finishing up a major research project, working two very demanding jobs, and experiencing some health bumps. 

The stressors from all the above demands severely crushed my creative juices. I wasn't travelling much, I wasn't exploring, all my free time was spent resting and recovering. It was full-on, but in actuality, I just wasn't prioritising Adventures in Aussieland. I hadn't taken the time to put together a game plan for when life got overwhelming. 

So why is this time any different? Well, a bit of my schedule has changed. I have a bit more free time and that free time has reinvigorated my creative flow. I'm excited to be writing again. It's a wonderful outlet for me. And I LOVE getting to explore Australia and the world. 

I'm more prepared. For the past few months, I've spent a ton of time drafting blog posts so that we can be posting consistently throughout the year. Every Friday, a new post will go live on the blog. Once per week is a very realistic achievement for me, anything more and I wouldn't have the consistency I would like. There will be times that more than one post will go live per week, so consider those weeks an exciting bonus. 

We're going in a slightly new direction. Yes, we will still be posting about all the incredible things you can do in Australia and around the world, but there have been some significant changes in my life, and I'm excited to write about them. I'm very excited to add this new perspective to Adventures in Aussieland.

Admitting that I slipped up and let my priorities slide is not the easiest thing to admit. Especially on the internet. But I'm sure I cannot be the only blogger who has experienced a similar situation. If this has ever happened to you, what did you do to help you remain consistent as a blogger? I'm especially interested in your tips and tricks if blogging is not your full-time job. 

I wanted to thank everyone who has stuck around and been so patient with me. I really appreciate the love and support throughout the years. I hope you're as excited as I am to continue this journey. 


And until next time...

Stay curious

17 comments

  1. I'm glad you returned! I can understand that life gets in the way at times. I'm excited to learn more about Australia. I hope to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A break from writing is fine. Life happens and I am glad that you are able to get things figured out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!!! It is great how you managed to change directions, yes that is what a real adventure is all about. But never give up, you're too good to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice that you're back! I also took a break. about two months? but, now im back as well.. Congratulations to us!

    Cha at Little MisadvenCHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for getting a chance to regroup and get back at it! Good luck in 2020--I hope this is a huge year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is chaotic and often gets in the way of the things we love. It's lovely that you've managed to come back to blogging though, even in a smaller way than before.
    I hope you have a lovely 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Australia is such a lovely country! I wish I could visit it one day! I envy you a lot right now! All the best and hope to read some new great texts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The struggle is real, isn't it!? I have so much trouble with consistency on my blog, social, and YouTube. But good for you prioritizing and getting organized - here's to a bigger and better 2020!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We understand you, and will support you! looking forward to seeing more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes a break is just what you need, and your friends and readers will always support you. Keep on keeping on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Sometimes a break is necessary but glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to the blogging world! Indeed, it is very hard to keep a blog especially when you have a full time job and other activities as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you are back. Everyone needs a break at some point

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you are back and I cannot wait to see what content you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am raising my hands too! I pledge to be a lot more consistent and predictable with my blog posts this new year. Welcome back i really enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life is definitely not straight and narrow. It throws us a lot of curves. Glad to see that you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey you! Welcome back and we are so glad you are here to share and continue your blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete